Thursday, June 11, 2009

Answer to my flower question

All is fine in the Watkins flower garden now.

All flowers/plants have a true identity.

Must give thanks to Scrappydee as she was correct. Also Belvie e-mailed a picture and asked if this was the plant...which it was!

It is in the Ice Plant family. Latin name is APTENIA CORDIFOLIA. This particular one is called Baby Sun Rose.

I will have to make a note of this name and post it on my bulletin board that I use for all my flower things. I have called it Shirley's plant for so long - it will take time to adjust to the Baby Sun Rose.

Again, thanks to these ladies for their help.

Time to go check out my flowers and pull a weed or two.

Have fun this weekend!

2 comments:

Hazel said...

Thanks Amelia I'll check it out .

LKPheartsfood said...

You could always christen it Shirley's Baby Sun Rose! : )