Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Christmas Beauty

The other day while

wondering thru Atwood's – a local

feed-seed  hardware type store –I found

some Amaryllis bulbs on sale for $2.50 each.

I selected a couple of them that looked like

they would bloom by Christmas.

This is the one I put in my sewing

room. The other one is located in

the computer room.

100_0315

I don’t know if you can tell

but there are four huge blossoms

on this one stem. Looks like

another stem will come forth later

on.

100_0319

This show the four blossoms much

better.

 

100_0322 Isn’t this absolutely beautiful…

 

The plant here in the computer room is also

the same color. It has two stems and

looks like one stem will have four flowers.

The other one – at least as this point in time- will

have three flowers.

After the blooming period I will store them in the

well house for the winter. Spring time, I will

plant in the ground in one of the flower

gardens…perhaps, they will bloom again

this  next summer. But, if they don’t,  they will the

next year.

Amelia

2 comments:

Hazel said...

Oh my those blossoms are beautiful and what a bargain .You have such a green thumb I swear you could get them to bloom in a foot of snow :-) .

Michelle said...

Beautiful!