Thursday, October 07, 2010

Yard Sale Find

This past Saturday my honey and I wondered around the county - both in towns and out of town locations checking out the yard sales.

100_4593This card board box and its contents were $1.00 - while the Rubbermaid tote and its contents cost me $2.00. I purchased the box first...I could tell there were artificial flowers in it...the man told me he would sell the entire box for a buck. Then opened the lid on the tote - he said you can have them for a dollar also..then hurriedly said he would have to sell it for $2.00 if I wanted to leave it in the tote...I agreed! I could tell there were flowers in it too - not as good of condition as in the box...but the condition of the tote (other than dirty) was fantastic.

100_4597This is what all I got in those two containers. The following pictures will show a break down of all the items...there will some things I will not use - other things I will - some items will be headed for daughter's garage sale. In my mind right now, I can visualize 3 or 4 flower arrangements - so not bad for a $3.00 investment - plus the tote.

100_4612 This contains about one half of the "trash" - paper and unusable flowers.

Yard sales are fun - just never know what kind of bargain you can find.

Amelia

4 comments:

Kristie said...

Looks like a great find! I'm sure you will put them to good use.
Kristie

Hazel said...

Can't wait to see what you make from all these flowers ,something beautiful I'm sure . The tote is worth $3. Great buys.

Michelle said...

You are a recipient of the Sunshine Award. Please read about it on my blog entry for today.

Val said...

You find the best deals! This was a good one for sure.