Friday, January 29, 2010

Very Little Color

100_2829 Looking out with all the ice, sleet and now snow the countryside coloring is mostly white...some darker shades appear - but for the most part it is white.

I thought I would share some of these wintery sights with you.100_2793100_2819100_2795 100_2823You can see all the ice/snow in these pictures. In the last one of the porch railing there are icicles on both sides of the railing...seems strange to see it on both sides.100_2810Now this is one flash of color that is pretty against all the white.

I am thankful that my wonderful husband is no longer driving big trucks for a living and can be home with me (and the cats) to enjoy - or perhaps the word is endure - this weather.100_2801
Four months from now we will be planting garden items - flowers and veggies - doesn't that sound like fun. Until then stay warm, dry and full of chocolate.



Amelia

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful photos. I bet that poor little Cardinal had trouble 'hanging on' with the ice on the branches!

I heard a rumor today that Monday and Wednesday we are supposed to get more snow too. Drats!

Darlene said...

Oh WOW Amelia I can tell you all have been slammed!!! I am just so glad you have kept your power.☺ I love all of your pictures and look at all that SNOW. We have taken several pictures now of the cardinals against the snow. Just GORGEOUS! Enjoy.♥

Hazel said...

What wonderful photo's .Oh goodness please don't send that weather up here .It's so very cold here today below zero but still no snow in fact we had a lot of sunshine today .How's you hubby getting on ? Stay safe and warm .

Stacey said...

It snowed here all day!! It's a white winter wonderland now.

Unknown said...

i think the photo of the red bird out in the snow would be beautiful enlarged and framed! have fun making snow angels, or staying in glad your not out making snow angels!!!

Val said...

Yes, you have a lot of it. We have a little but being out in it was very scary. I am planning on staying in tomorrow all day long. Your pictures are gorgeous. Thank goodness for sweet husbands.

Tardevil said...

We're getting it too. Probably 7 inches since 5 pm. I hope I can get some nice photos too. Love the one w/ the cardinal.

Amanda said...

It all looks so pretty, from indoors. I'm so glad you sound prepared for snow and don't need to go out in it.

Jen said...

BRRRRRR!
That cardinal looks happy. They sure do show up in the snow.