Saturday, December 05, 2009

Christmas Mantel Decor

Decorations for the mantel are different this year. I wanted something different than the wreath I normally place on the brick wall...after all I have used the same one for 12 years...got it as a wedding present..I like it - but just tired of it in that place...so far this year it is still in the closet and it looks like it will not make an appearance for this holiday season.

The lanterns are new (mark down after last years Christmas- don't remember where) but the rest of the items are all from previous years.100_2401The gold bows really look better in person than in this picture...seems like the gold reflects the flash of the camera...and not enough light in the room to take a picture without the flash.100_2403 The glass windows in the lantern have a Christmassy picture on each of them.

Cold here this morning - in the 20's...so thankful I don't have to be out in it...in fact I think I will wait awhile before I even go out to get the paper.

Countdown to Christmas - I am thankful for my friends - both here in cyberspace and the ones in my local area.


Amelia

10 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

Looks very nice and SO festive!!

Hazel said...

Beautiful , I love those lanterns .

Kristie said...

Those are the cutest lanterns! They look so good on your mantel! We haven't put the tree up yet! I'm going to try to get it up tomorrow after Church.
Kristie

Hunter said...

Now you know why I said you are my Martha. Your mantel looks like a magazine photo.

Thank you for sharing.

Darilyn

Darlene said...

Hi Amelia,

I LOVE those lanterns and I think your mantle looks GREAT!!

We had to go to the parade this morning and thought we were going to freeze!!!!! Stay warm!♥

Michelle said...

It looks nice, Amelia. I just love Christmas!

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Amelia, Your mantel looks amazing! Love the lanterns! ...all very pretty!

Your HO, HO, HO project several posts down is too cute! What a great idea!

And I love your pretty blog background! I almost picked this one, too! I can't get mine just right to suit me! LOL! I've changed backgrounds 3 times tonight!

Stay warm! It is in the 50's here and I am freezing! Can't imagine it being in the 20's! Does feel like Christmas, though! :) ~hugs, Rhonda

Tardevil said...

Very nice. I'm almost done w/ my mantels. Garland is the hardest part of my decorating! Happy Sunday!

Halcyon said...

Those lanterns are really cute.

Amanda said...

I always love to see your decorations, and these look so festive. I'm looking forward to seeing more. I've got ours out from the loft above the garage but that's about it so far.