Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Peach Cobbler...anyone?


During the last few days I have picked all the peaches from our one peach tree. A freeze this spring froze many of the blossoms...so the crop was not very plentiful. Did pick enough to put up about 25-30 pints in the deep freeze.

Did leave about a dozen on the tree - they were too high to reach or the birds had pecked them beyond any use.

Making peach cobbler is the only way I use them.
Serving them with vanilla ice cream makes for a special dessert. Leon gets Braum's ice cream made with Splenda (being a diabetic) for him and regular vanilla for me. When I make the cobbler I use half sugar and half Splenda. The taste is as good as all sugar. Probably he should not eat any of it - but one has to have some special foods every once in awhile.

So, if you are in the neighborhood - let me know in advance and we will have peach cobbler!

2 comments:

Emig Family said...

Yum! I can't wait.

LKPheartsfood said...

Peach cobbler is one of my FAVORITE desserts!!! And the picture of those peaches is lovely!