Friday, October 02, 2009

Many arms

octopus_clip_art_6095 Do any of you ever feel like this creature?

This is the way I have felt this week. I have been going this direction, then that direction, and then whirling around back to the original way.

I suppose I have accomplished some things - but really nothing exciting unless you count the banana nut bread I made on Wednesday - they turned out great. Local grocery store was having a sale on bananas last Saturday - 25 cents per pound - so bought extra ones to make a double batch of bread. I made them in small mini loaves and some in cupcake style...froze most of them.

Oh yes, did go clothes shopping, which by the way is the least favorite thing I prefer to do when it comes to shopping. Leon was out of town on a fishing trip...did not have to be in hurry to leave town after I got my hair done...so went to a couple of stores and scored at both of them. Wound up with two jackets (casual type that can be worn with slacks or jeans) and one blouse. I have short arms and oft times the sleeves on jackets will reach the tip of my fingers or longer. This was true with one of the jackets - but I wanted it bad enough to put up with the sleeves re-do...cut off the excess...hem it up and sew the buttons back on.

Been sewing some on a new quilt - fabric is primarily a christmas design....nothing fancy ...Basically a 9 patch - not with even squares but still 9 pieces to a block. I know I will have it pieced before Christmas...but the quilting part - that is another story...perhaps by the 4th of July of 2010.

Rest of the time went into just the usual household stuff...you know all that line of work.

But that is what retirement is all about - too many days, weeks and years I spent working - so now I am entitled to some off days...ones that don't have to show a lot of accomplishments.

Main thing - I am HAPPY!

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like a wonderful retirement to me, and I'm sure you enjoyed your shopping day.

Take care, my friend!
be blessed,
michelle

Stacey said...

Sometimes when things are going in 25 different directions it drives me crazy! When it passes though, there's always the satisfaction of getting things done. :)

Kristie said...

Sounds like you had a busy week! I don't like to clothes shope either, especially since I have put on weight! :) Anyway, I do have a lot of everyday clothes that I work around the house in. The main thing that I need to break down and buy is Church clothes! Hehehehe! I noticed that some of my skirts and dresses are showing some signs of age...

Have a wonderful day!
Kristie

Three Birds Inspired said...

And good for you!! I can't wait until I can retire...in about another 20 years!!

Darlene said...

It sounds like you have had a great week. You probably got more done than you think!

Hope you have a wonderful fall weekend.♥

bj said...

Just coming by to say hello...and I LOVE RETIREMENT.
I, too, have been going in all directions...painting a room and have the entire house messed up. When i walk into one room, I try to straighten it up a little..before i can finish a job in there, I've walked thru another room and....on and on. Just about to wind it all up, tho....:)

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Being happy with your place in life, that is so important and what so many people fail to accomplish! I glad for you! :)

Enjoyed your post below of your fall decorations! Everything is so pretty and festive! I love the pops of blue color here and there! :) ~hugs, Rhonda

julieQ said...

I am glad you are happy! Sounds like you had a good shopping trip, and got some useful things you needed.

Darlene said...

Hi Amelia,

Just stopping by to tell you yes, Midnight is solid black with the exception of about 4 white hairs on her chest. On the 3rd picture right under her chin you might be able to see them. She is a beauty and yes, we spoil ALL of our animals rotten!!!

Jody said...

We've got 5 kids. I always feel like that creature. LOL