Monday, December 08, 2008

More Christmas Decorations

This past Saturday night started off the Christmas celebrations. Our Sunday School class had a get together at one of our members home. We all brought different things to eat...and eat we did ...but up big. You know us Baptist women can cook - just take a look at our Baptist men. We ate and watched the University of Oklahoma beat up on the Missouri team big time. GO SOONERS! We came home at half time and finished watching the game. This is sitting on our coffee table.


This collection of white Christmas items is the only arrangement I did not add a lot of different items. Just left it simple . Nothing I had seemed to go with it. Enlarge the picture to see the swan sleigh...I found it this summer at a yard sale and just loved it. It seems so regal!


Close up of the tree...the picture does not really show the velvet, beads, etc on the gold balls. Some of the red ones have glitter all over them.



All rolled into one picture - gives you the idea as to how it looks in the living room.

More to follow in a few days.

Beginning of a new week...lots of do ...several people in hospital now. In fact, Leon is at hospital now visiting a couple...then going to get new tires on the pick up (our Christmas present to that vehicle). On Wednesday our best friend is having knee replacement surgery - so we will be with him and his wife during the operation. Throw in doing laundry, cooking, shopping, sewing and of course quilting I will be a busy lady.

Have a wonderful week...count your blessings!


Amelia

14 comments:

Bo said...

Hi Amelia...Your ornaments are so beautiful on your tree...your cats don't bother them, huh?...Sorry to hear about so many of your friends in the hospital during this time of the year. Oh yes, Baptist women can cook...yum! ;-) Bo

Kristie said...

Everything looks so pretty! I just love your tree!

Sounds like you all had a wonderful time! I think it is great that people are there for each other through sickness. It means alot to know that you have friends and loved ones praying for you!
Kristie

Amanda said...

Don't your Christmas decorations look wonderful! I've never really had the time to much with greenery, except cut some holly and ivy on Christmas Eve to decorate the table and the mantelpiece. This year I've been sewing lots of things, though they won't look much when they're up I fear as they're all quite small. Still, it's a start. We'll leave buying our Christmas tree until nearer Christmas, to make sure it stays fresh as long as possible and to keep needle drop to a minimum.

Victoria said...

LOL at you Baptist eaters. :) I am one too!

Sounds like you have a busy week ahead of you.

By the way, my little sis at college made your gingersnaps and LOVED them.

Hunter said...

I love the contrast of the white items with the colors of your tree. So beautiful.

:)

Darilyn

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Amelia, I scrolled on down to see all of your Christmas decorations and they are fabulous!!! Love the collection of white items...very unique! The swan sleigh is quite grand! Sounds like you have a busy week ahead of you...take care of yourself! :) ~hugs, Rhonda

Christina said...

Love your red and gold tree. I have lots of red,green and gold too. I particularly like your ornaments that are red pointed with the six sides.

I bought a santa at goodwill today. He needs a little something, so I'm going to give him some glitter or something and then hopefully post him.

Oh, and Baptist here too. :)

Kim Gail said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
StitchinByTheLake said...

I have a few ornaments like that - don't you just love them! blessings, marlene

Belvie said...

It's sure looking a lot like Christmas at your house! There's lots of pretties in those photos. I'm finally getting mine done too. Now if I could just get those cards out!

Dionne said...

Everything is beautiful!!

Picket said...

Hey girl..everything looks so pretty and Chrsitmasy....Girl I was raised Baptist and my grandparents church use to have the old timey Home comings with dinner on the grounds and boy when those ladies loaded those tables down you knew you was in for some mighty fine eating!!!! lol
I live in Alabama....all my family lives here except Tracy...our oldest who is in Oklahoma...she just found out today that her first grandbaby (our first great grandbaby!) is a boy! he is due May the 6th of 2009! Yahoo! Thanks for coming by girl..hope you have a great rest of the week and that the knee surgery for your friend goes well.

Hazel said...

Oh yes I know only to well about those Baptist women , I'm one of them , always lots of food at any function .Love your pictures so pretty .
For some reason I can't post on my old blog so I started this new one .drop in .
Hazel ( lori )

Chanda said...

Your tree is beautiful and I love your snow flakes, they are so neat.
Shanda