Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Six Months Later

Remember when this wagon was made by my dear husband back in January. It looked so empty and desolate just sitting there. But I knew by the time Spring rolled around it would have flowers in it.

Yes, in the first part of May I put several impatiens in the potting soil. At that time the plants were small and you could barely see the top of the flowers. But I had faith they would grow and grow. This they did quite well.


Now look at them...aren't they gorgous? They look pink in this picture but in real life the color tends to be more coral or perhaps apricot looking. Either way, they have made this wagon proud to be part of the Watkins yard.

By the way. Leon has made quite a few of these wagons...in different sizes. He has given away some but has sold quite a few. He keeps saying he won't make anymore of them...then some one will come along and wants to buy one. So he gets back in the swing of making another one.
Did you know:
Ralph Waldo Emerson once quoted the following:
"What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered. "








































6 comments:

Belvie said...

Those impatients are beautiful! You and DH make quite a team at beautifying your yard.

Mama said...

I remember! I love it!

Come over and check out my giveaway. You could win!

julieQ said...

Very pretty! Love those pretty pinks...

Hazel said...

Thats so pretty ,your both so talented .

Amanda said...

Doesn't that look beautiful! Your husband did a great job on the wagon, and busy lizzies are so pretty when you mass them together like that.

Rhonda Gales said...

I love the wagon and the impatients. If I didn't live so far away, I would take one off Leon's hand. They're adorable!