Norma, one of my fellow bloggers in Arizona asked if I would follow through with this tag. It is a way of getting to know people better by knowing some interesting tidbits of info about them.
I live a very normal life, pretty dull ( by some people's standards) at times - but you know what....I am very happy. In fact. Leon and I were discussing happiness tonight and we both said how happy we are at this point in our lives.
So here goes with the answers to these questions...
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Yes, Amelia Earhart, probably the most famous female pilot. Mother thought about naming me Matilda Etoy...who was our preacher's wife...I am glad she chose Amelia.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?About 6 weeks ago.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? No. It is practically impossible to read. I can write fair but just don't take the time to do it.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Pastrami
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Gave birth to one - a daughter. However, I consider Leon's children as my own also. In that department , one daughter and two sons. We have grandchildren and great grandchildren.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Yes, I like people.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM ? Yes, who doesn't?
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? I suppose so...never had them removed,
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?Absolutely not. I am afraid of heights. I feel like being scared is not my way of having fun. I don't like ferris wheels, roller coasters or any ride in that category.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Rice Krispies
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?Sometimes, if I don't when I take them off...I will untie them before putting them on again.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Certainly, I was single for nearly 14 years before my marriage to Leon. Being single and rearing a child (without child support) is no walk in the park!
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Buttered pecan.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Truthfully, their hair.
15. RED OR PINK? Red!!!
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I am starting to get some wrinkles - but at 67 - that is a natural process....also my weight...but I don't want to start a strict diet either.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?My Mother - she was killed in a car wreck one foggy morning on her way to the hospital (she was a nurse). I was in my early 20's and yet there are times when I still miss her immensely!
18.WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?.It is late - I have already taken my bath so I am in my gown and fuzzy house shoes.
19 WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? corn chip
20. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?No music or TV...just the normal noises in the house.
21. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?Blue - perhaps, or maybe red.
22. FAVORITE SMELLS?Fresh bread baking in the over...the yeasty smell is wonderful!
23. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Oldest son
24. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? by all means it is football...I enjoy college and professional. But only like it on the TV...the announcers tell me all that is going on...as I don't fully understand all the ins and outs of the game.
25. HAIR COLOR?My hair is frosted - naturally a dark brown with some gray. I have been wearing it blond for many, many years and will keep it that way as long as I can afford to have it done.
26. EYE COLOR?blue
27. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? I wear glasses and have since the 5th grade.
28. FAVORITE FOOD?Everything...can't you tell from my size.
29. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Definitely, happy endings.
30. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?Some of the Hallmark movies at Christmas on the Hallmark channel.
31. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?My gown is pink.
32. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer...that way I can be outside and not stuck in the house all the time. I can take the heat but not the cold.
33. HUGS OR KISSES? both...I am a hugger by nature...but I certainly enjoy my husbands smooches on a daily basis.
34. FAVORITE DESSERT?Home made cookies
35. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?. The only book I read is the Bible. However, I do read magazines practically every night before going to sleep.
36. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSEPAD? A picture of one of the grandchildren.
37. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT? John and Kate plus 8--and Big World, Little People.
38. FAVORITE SOUND? A baby cooing
39. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? I don't like either group. Growing up in the 50's I like old rock and roll - when the English invasion hit..I started listening to country.
40. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?I have been to California and Oregon on the West Coast...and New Jersey on the East coast.
41. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?I am a pretty good cook..other than that nothing. I can't sing or play a musical instrument.
42. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?Shawnee, Oklahoma
Well, that about sums me up in these 42 questions and answers.