Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Dinner

This year was our year to have Holly, Tony and Max at our house for Christmas dinner. As with many families they rotate from year to year as to where they will spend the actual day of Christmas. Wanda, Craig and Kevin also joined us for the food and fun. I like to fix up the table to look nice. Probably no one else really cares as much as I do...but it given me a sense of pleasure and pride. This year I fixed name tags - this way I made the choice to where every one went. Of course, I placed Max between me and Leon. The center piece was removed when we started putting the food on the table. The meal was pretty typical - turkey, gravy, mashed sweet potatoes, corn casserole, brocolli-rice-cheese casserole, hot rolls, iced tea, cranberry salad, and cornbread dessing. Dessert included pecan pie, some fancy brownies, pumpkin bread, cranberry bread, key lime pie on a chocolate crust, spice cookies, peanut clusters and fudge (both candies were home made). Also Holly made a new dessert. I don't know the name- but it was a pudding like mixture made in a ramekin and served with a chocolate sauce. Very smooth and rich!


Holly is just about through with her meal.
Max is wanting everyone to hurry and finish...then he can open presents.
Kevin, Wanda and Craig.


Question of the day! "Why does all good tasting food always contain so many calories?
I know all of us consumed enough calories to really last us for several days.

3 comments:

Kristie said...

It looks like you had such a great time with your family. Everything looks sooooo beautiful. You really did a great job decorating and the food looks delicious!
Kristie

Halcyon said...

You can't count calories on Christmas! :)

Looks like you had a delicious meal and some great company too!

Anonymous said...

The Christmas dinner that you and Dad had with your family looked wonderful. I am glad that ya'll had a good time.