Saturday, November 03, 2007

Approval


After finishing this small quilt for great grandson Hunter I tossed it on the chair while clearing away my sewing items.
This was an open invitation for two of my three furry friends to check out the stitching.
The quilt appears to meet their requirements as Tramp is putting his paw of approval on it. Stormy is giving it her steady gaze to see if she can find any flaws.
Tidbit of info: This quilt measured out 49" X 49" when it was finished. It has over 600 cut pieces in it.
As with all my quilts, small or large, they are sewn with lots of love in each and every stitch. I ask each recipient to use - but not abuse- the quilt.
Note: After posting this I see where the paragraphs are all ran together...can't seem to correct the problem....me or Blogger?

4 comments:

Kristie said...

Hello and Thank You very much for your nice comment on my blog. I love your new quilt, it is very pretty. 600 pieces is alot in a 49 inch square. I have a 5 yr old son that is named Hunter and I see that your cat's name is Stormy. I have a horse named Stormy. See we already have some things in common...quilting and names!! :o) I was reading over your blog and you live in a very beautiful place. Love the photos.
Kristie

Emig Family said...

Very pretty!

Halcyon said...

What a beautiful quilt! I have two, both made by my great-grandmothers (one from each side) and I still use them today. Hopefully your great-grandson will get as much use out of his!

LKPheartsfood said...

How long did it take to make that?? No project or outfit is complete without our cats' paws of approval! :)