Friday, February 04, 2011

Quilting once more

 

I had not worked on a quilt in about nine months…just lost my desire.

 

But then around Christmas time I gave away several of the ones I had completed in the past. Touching the fabric just brought back my desire once again.

 

I came across some very small fabric pieces with a heart as part of the pattern. Also had part of a panel of valentine pictures. These fabrics  have now become a quilt. Well, the quilt is not complete. I need to buy batting and will do that when weather improves for a shopping trip in town.

 

These pictures are rather poor…red is such a difficult color for me to photograph.

100_5691This consists of 720 half square triangles..then used the flying geese at top and bottom.100_5685100_5686100_5687100_5688     100_5692Don’t pay any attention to the loose threads …just pretend they aren’t there.  

 

Considering I did not have very  much themed  fabric I was surprised to have made it this large. I had plenty of the white – picked up a 7 yard piece at a yard sale a couple of years ago for $6.00. At the beginning I decided I would use what was in my stash…no buying anything to add to it. Only small scraps were left. I am using them for a baby sized quilt.

 

Several days ago a friend gave me a box of fabric scraps – all had a Christmas theme. I have cut all of them into 3 inch squares. These are going into a 9 patch. Today while going thru some things in my fabric shelves I came across two small bags with a Christmas theme. By adding all these together I should have a good start on a quilt. If I should run out I have some larger pieces just waiting to be cut up.

 

My love of quilting has returned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Weather wise – we had snow and more snow on  the ground (covering up a heavy layer of ice)…plus it has snowed most of the day. Weather predictions are for more snow on Sunday/Monday and then again on Wednesday. We need the moisture – but I would rather have it in the form of rain.

You all take care, stay warm, eat, pet the cat, speak sweet to your honey…or what ever gives you pleasure.

 

 

Amelia♥

4 comments:

Hazel said...

What a great quilt and all from your stash ,good for you . I'm so glad you got the desire to quilt back .I think we all take a break once in a while .
Your wise to stay indoors in this weather thank God we didn't get the ice .You said to do what ever gives us pleasure ,ok for me thats coming to USA tomorrow LOL .Stay safe and warm dear friend .

Kristie said...

Very lovely! Red is one of my favorite colors in quilts.

Stay warm! I bet you are ready for Spring like I am! I look forward to seeing your flower photos!
Kristie

Amanda said...

What a lovely addition to your Valentine decorating that will be.

Three Birds Inspired said...

Oh my goodness! All those HSTs! Great job and so happy you have your quilting "bug" back!