Monday, April 14, 2008

Needed - special bug killer

My closets have been attacked by some kind of bug that is making my clothes shrink. This nasty bug has been at this deed for about two or more years now. It seems like each time I try something on I can tell the bug has been at it again.

Yes, my weight has grown. But, my body is changing its shape. It is taking on the dimensions of an old lady - rounded in most of the wrong places - like waist and hips. My once flat stomach is rounded like I am carrying around a small melon.

Do I really want to go on a strict diet - "NO" I enjoy cooking and eating what I cook. Also at my age - losing 10 pounds would require 6 months of dieting...now tell me (you women of my age group) how many of you want to diet for 6 months. I know I don't.

So what did I do....I cleared out the closet of the clothes that are too tight . I am freeing up those hangers for some new clothes. I discussed this with my sweet man (who told me yesterday to get me some "fat lady" clothes). Of course, he was teasing me as I am not that big. He said go shopping and get what ever you need or want.

Now here is the kicker, I hate to shop for clothes. I detest most of the styles that are available now. In my eyes, the designs are for the younger generation (not that they look that great even on them). Nor do I want some "granny" looking garment. Yes, I am in the granny and great-granny age bracket as I am nearing the 7th decade era - well in the three years.

I suppose I could just stick to jeans and shirts - those I can find that I like. However, I would like several nice pants with matching/coordinating jacket. I wear pants to church as I get so cold - regardless of the time of the year. Also would like one dress or suit - for that once in awhile I would need it.

So if you are out shopping and you see a lady with blond hair, muttering to her self, in the size 16 area be nice to her ...because that could be me!

15 comments:

Kristie said...

Oh Amelia! You are just too funny! I think I have that bug here in KY too. I hate shopping for clothes...it just reminds me of how big that I am getting :)

Oh, I will be making a trip out to the post office in the morning :) you might want to be watching your mailbox! hehehehe!
Kristie

Beth said...

I will be nice to you...'cause I'm right NEXT to you. I hate shopping for clothes SO much, that my husband practically has to BEG me to go! (I will buy undies and stuff..no try ons!) Easy for me..I just buy more fabric for quilting. The dogs and the sewing machine have seen it all before..hehehehehehe!

Norma said...

I am with you on the clothes thing. I went this weekend to buy some knit shirts. I like Tshirts in the summer but like them a little dressy when I go out. Last year I had several that had a few sequins or embroidery on them. All I can find this year are what they call, "babydoll". Now, my shape has never been one to wear something tight on top and flowing on the bottom except when I was pregnant! So, what do you do at our age and aren't a "babydoll?' The colors were awful too! I told my husband I might just go naked........and that would be worse than me in a babydoll shirt!

Three Birds Inspired said...

I hate to shop for clothing, too! I usually grab what I think will fit, take it home and hope for the best. Those mirrors in the dressing rooms just make me want to cry.

Granny Lyn said...

I got the same bug last year, I finally had to flush out all the "effected clothing" and replace them with "insect repellant" clothing. You can tell the special clothing right away by checking the waistline, it it has elastic, it has been speccially treated with a repellant. Hope this helps, :-)

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Those same bugs infest my closet every winter....I'll be the one looking at larger sizes ....

Regina said...

That bug is in NY also - and I despise shopping for clothes. We shop in the same section - and it is sometimes either totally too frump or totally too young. I hit the jackpot this weekend, though when SIL cleaned out HER closet and I got the nearly new stuff that got nibbled by HER bugs!!! Woo Hoo!!! No shopping involved!

bj said...

That has GOT to be a universal bug...he seems to turn up all over!
I, too, just HATE to shop for clothes. I put it off until I am in deep trouble and out of anything to wear. I did buy a fabulous black skirt and a cute short sleeved, short jacket to go with it...all colors of tank tops look good under it...so...go get you a great black skirt and jacket and you'll be set for anywhere you want to go....
hugs, bj

Finn said...

Dear,dear Amelia! You are a hoot! And as one in exactly the same age bracket, and with similar 'bug' problems, I sympathize. That's about all I can do tho, except for being really nice to any blond ladies I see shopping *VBS* Good luck with that shopping. Big hugs, Finn

bj said...

Your fudge recipe sounds soooo good..I will sure have to give it a try! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe with us.
hugs, bj

Val said...

This is too cute! I really enjoyed my visit with you.

Connie said...

Oh you had me laughing! I did a big closet purge earlier this year and encountered the same phenomenon--and I'm not big on clothes shopping either! Good luck revamping your wardrobe!

Mama said...

Look at all these ladies who hate to shop for clothes! I thought I was the only one!

When you find that bug killer, send some my way. :-(

Picket said...

Hello friend..hope it has been a beautiful day in your neck of the woods..thanks so much for coming by!

Halcyon said...

Even us young folk hate trying on clothes!