Saturday, March 29, 2008

One year of Retirement

Leon has been retired one year now. It seems like the time has just flown by in nothing flat.

His routine is about the same each day. He gets up early - somewhere between 5 and 6:30 - drinks his coffee and reads the Bible and the newspaper.

Then he goes to the garage or out in the yard - depending on the weather and the time of the year. He has been building different things with the landscape timber recently so he is spending alot of time in the garage. Now that warmer weather is just around the corner, he will be working in the yard or the vegetable garden.

Noon time - lunch - which is our main meal of the day.

Then most afternoons he naps for a while.

After nap time - sometimes he goes back out to piddle around. Other days, he watches television.

Night time - watch televsion - snooze in the recliner -snack. Then in bed by 10:00.

Now this schedule is not set in stone by any means. There are days he goes fishing, trips into Lowe's or what ever may take priority that particular day.

I can say with all my heart that I have enjoyed his being home very, very much. He has not got in my way of doing anything I wanted to do...if you know what I mean. There are times I drop what I am doing (never anything very important anyway) to go with him. We had spent so much time apart during the first 9 years of our marriage we certainly enjoy each others company!

I pray the Lord will grant us many more years to enjoy our retirement together!

4 comments:

Kristie said...

You and Leon have the life that Richard and I are working so hard to have. I can remember thinking when I was a little girl that my Grandparents had such a boring life, but now I realize that, that is the life that I want to have so bad. They had it made and I was just too young to see that.
Kristie

Gina said...

I'm the same. Mal works so hard and the hours are so long that I cherish the (rare) days he has off

love and hugs xxx

Norma said...

We are right there, just waiting for the economy to settle a little and then retire. I hope that it works for us the way it is working for you. I am a little concerned about that 24/7 thing.

The part my DH would greatly love is when you said, "goes fishing." He is really looking forward to being able to go when the spirit moves. I am looking forward to him being able to do what he wants, when he wants......it is his turn.

LKPheartsfood said...

I'm so glad you are both enjoying retirement! I am looking forward to it for the naps alone!!!